MAMOU, La. – Louisiana State Police have released new information regarding the Deputy that shot and killed Dejuan Guillory.
The following information about the investigation is what Louisiana State Police have released Monday afternoon in a news release:
- At approximately 04:10 a.m., the Deputy was dispatched to a reported theft of an ATV and subsequently cleared that call.
- Upon resuming patrol and still within the nearby area, the Deputy made a traffic stop on a 4-wheeler (ATV) on Retton School Rd @ Chad Ln.
- The Deputy made contact with the driver of the ATV (Dejuan Guillory, B/M, 27 yoa), and his passenger (Dequince Brown, B/F, 21 yoa).
- The Deputy asked Guillory and Brown for legal identification, which neither possessed.
- During this initial interaction, Guillory struck the Deputy in the head, knocking him to the ground, dazing him with a possible loss of consciousness.
- The Deputy was able to rise to his feet, draw his firearm and gave verbal commands for Guillory to lie on the ground.
- Guillory laid down on his stomach and the Deputy attempted to handcuff Guillory.
- During handcuffing, a struggle ensued.
- Brown approached the Deputy from behind and began to choke and bite him.
- During the struggle with Guillory and Brown, the Deputy shot Guillory with his duty weapon.
- The Deputy returned to his unit and called for assistance.
Click here to review what eye witness says happen!!
A few questions are not clear regarding this release.