Los Angeles – Finally, without any more delays, a murder trial date for the notorious Suge Knight has been set in stone.
Rap mogul and Death Row Records founder Marion Hugh “Suge” Knight Jr. turned himself in to West Hollywood police. He allegedly ran over his friend Terry Carter and another man intentionally. Carter died and the other man was injured.
The hit-and-run incident occurred in a burger stand parking lot in Compton on January 29, 2015.
Suge Knight, 50, and the men had a disagreement earlier that day about the movie “Straight Outta Compton”. Knight fled the scene in his truck.
On Thursday, a judge ruled that the murder trial date is set for January 8, 2018 and is expected to last four weeks.”This is in stone. This is a must-go date,” Judge Coen said.
“I’m happy,” Knight said. “I don’t want the date to change.”
Knight claims he was the victim of an armed ambush and feared for his life when he fled the scene and accidentally hit Carter.
Prosecutors say he intentionally hit the gas on his Ford F-150 Raptor truck to mow down gang member turned security guard Cle “Bone” Sloan and then continued forward and fatally struck Carter.