(PPN) – The Syrian Observatory for Human rights reported Wednesday that ISIS slaughtered thirty-three men execution style in Syria near the desert city of Deir ez-Zor with sharp tools. This is the largest killing operation carried out by the terror organization in 2017.
It is unknown if the victims were Syrian government soldiers, rebels, or ISIS prisoners. The men were between ages 18 and 25. They were killed near a hole that was filled with blood.
The US president said last month that: “We will work with our allies, including our friends and allies in the Muslim world, to extinguish this vile enemy from our planet.”
In response, ISIS spokesman Abu al-Hassan al-Muhajer said: “America you have drowned and there is no savior.
In 2014, ISIS took control of Mosul, the second largest city in Iraq. They littered the ground around the largest known mass grave with land mines hoping to kill investigators documenting terrorist group.
ISIS supporters claimed responsibility for the attack after statements were released on Twitter.