iPhone nearly electrocuted an Alabama man while it was charging in his bed




(PPN) – An iPhone nearly became killed an Alabama man who fell asleep while charging his phone in bed. Wiley Day suffered second- and third-degree burns to his neck and hands when he was electrocuted on March 23.

Day said his metal dog tags slipped between the charger and extension cord while he slept.

“My necklace became the conductor,” Day, 32, told ABC affiliate WAAY TV. “When I felt the electrocution here, it somehow, some way, jolted me over here to the floor.”

Day managed to rip the burning chain from his neck.

He was hit with 110 volts and doctors said that he is lucky to be alive, as 100 volts alone have the capacity to kill a person. The man is expected to recover completely and will be speaking at Alabama A&M University on April 5 at 5 p.m.

“I kept yelling, ‘Jesus!’” he recalled. “Thursday morning is probably the most scariest morning I’ve ever been through in my life.”

“Charge your phone away from you,” Day advised. “Charge it the next day. It’s not worth your life.”

Facebook Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Post

Facebook